Closeclose (v. klōz;adj., adv. klōs or, for 56, klōz;
n. klōz for 66, 67, 70–72, 74, 75, klōs for 68, 69, 73),USA pronunciation v., closed, clos•ing, adj., clos•er, clos•est, adv., n.
- to put (something) in a position to obstruct an entrance, opening, etc.;
- to stop or obstruct (a gap, entrance, aperture, etc.): to close a hole in a wall with plaster.
- to block or hinder passage across or access to: to close a border to tourists; to close the woods to picnickers.
- to stop or obstruct the entrances, apertures, or gaps in: He closed the crate and tied it up.
- (of the mind) to make imperceptive or inaccessible: to close one's mind to the opposite opinion.
- to bring together the parts of;
unite (often fol. by up): Close up those ranks! The surgeon closed the incision.
- to complete (an electrical circuit) by joining the circuit elements: The circuit was closed so the current could be measured.
- to bring to an end: to close a debate.
- to arrange the final details of;
to conclude negotiations about: to close a deal to everyone's satisfaction.
- to complete or settle (a contract or transaction);
consummate: We close the sale of the house next week.
- to stop rendering the customary services of: to close a store for the night.
- to terminate or suspend the operation of;
to halt the activities of: The epidemic forced authorities to close the schools. The police closed the bar for selling liquor to minors.
- to come close to: We closed the cruiser to put our injured captain on board.
- to reduce the internal diameter of (a tube or the like).
- [Archaic.]to shut in or surround on all sides;
cover in: to close a bird in a cage.
- to become closed;
shut: The door closed with a bang. This window is stuck and will not close tight.
- to come together;
unite: Her lips closed firmly.
- to come close: His pursuers closed rapidly.
- to grapple;
engage in close encounter (often fol. by with): We closed with the invaders shortly before sundown.
- to come to an end;
terminate: The service closed with a hymn.
- to cease to offer the customary activities or services: The school closed for the summer.
- to enter into or reach an agreement, usually as a contract: The builder closed with the contractor after negotiations.
- (of a theatrical production) to cease to be performed: The play closed in New York yesterday and will open in Dallas next week.
- (of a stock, group of stocks, etc.) to be priced or show a change in price as specified at the end of a trading period: The market closed low for the fourth straight day.
- close down:
- to terminate the operation of;
discontinue: to close down an air base because of budget cuts.
- to attempt to control or eliminate: The city must close down drug traffic.
- close in on or upon:
- to approach so as to capture, attack, arrest, etc.: The hoodlums closed in on their victim.
- to surround or envelop so as to entrap: a feeling that the room was closing in upon her.
- close out:
- to reduce the price of (merchandise) for quick sale: That store is closing out its stock of men's clothing.
- to liquidate or dispose of finally and completely: They closed out their interests after many years in this city.
- close ranks, to unite forces, esp. by overlooking petty differences, in order to deal with an adverse or challenging situation;
to join together in a show of unity, esp. to the public: When the newspaper story broke suggesting possible corruption in the government, the politicians all closed ranks.
- close up:
- to come together in close array;
converge: The enemy was closing up on us from both flanks.
- to bring to an end;
cease: The company is closing up its overseas operations.
- to become silent or uncommunicative.
- to reduce or eliminate spacing material between (units of set type).
- having the parts or elements near to one another: a close formation of battleships.
dense: a close texture; a close weave.
- being in or having proximity in space or time: The barn is so close to the house that you can hear the animals. His birthday is in May, close to mine.
- marked by similarity in degree, action, feeling, etc.: This dark pink is close to red. He left her close to tears.
- near, or near together, in kind or relationship: a flower close to a rose; a close relative.
- intimate or confidential;
- based on a strong uniting feeling of respect, honor, or love: a close circle of friends.
- fitting tightly: a close, clinging negligee.
- (of a haircut or shave, the mowing of a lawn, etc.) so executed that the hair, grass, or the like is left flush with the surface or very short.
- not deviating from the subject under consideration.
minute: The matter requires close investigation.
- not deviating from a model or original: a close, literal translation.
- nearly even or equal: a close contest.
- strictly logical: close reasoning.
not open: a close hatch.
- shut in;
- completely enclosing or surrounding: a close siege preventing all escape.
- without opening;
with all openings covered or closed.
narrow: close quarters.
- lacking fresh or freely circulating air: a hot, close room.
oppressive: a spell of close, sultry weather.
- narrowly confined, as a prisoner.
- practicing or keeping secrecy;
reticent: She is so close that you can tell her all your secrets.
stingy: He is very close with his money.
- scarce, as money.
- not open to public or general admission, competition, etc.: The entire parish participated in the close communication.
- (of a delimiting punctuation mark) occurring at the end of a group of words or characters that is set off, as from surrounding text: close parentheses; close quotes; close brackets.Cf. open (def. 32).
- [Hunting, Angling.]closed (def. 8).
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively small opening between the tongue and the roof of the mouth. Cf. high (def. 23), open (def. 34a).
- (of a bird) represented as having folded wings: an eagle close.
- in a close manner;
- immediately behind the ears, so as to show no neck: a bear's head couped close.
- close to the wind, in a direction nearly opposite to that from which the wind is coming: to sail close to the wind.
- close up:
- from close range;
in a detailed manner;
- [Naut.]fully raised;
at the top of the halyard: an answering pennant flown close up.Cf. dip (def. 37).
- the act of closing.
- the end or conclusion: at the close of day; the close of the speech.
- an enclosed place or enclosure, esp. one about or beside a cathedral or other building.
- any piece of land held as private property.
- See complimentary close.
- cadence (def. 7).
- [Stock Exchange.]
- the closing price on a stock.
- the closing prices on an exchange market.
- a narrow entry or alley terminating in a dead end.
- a courtyard enclosed except for one narrow entrance.
- [Archaic.]a junction;
- [Obs.]a close encounter;
a grapple: The fighters met in a fierce close.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Goddamngod•damn (god′dam′),USA pronunciation interj. [Informal](sometimes offensive) .
- (used as an exclamation of any strong feeling, esp. of disgust or irritation, and often fol. byit. )
- the utterance of "goddamn'' in swearing or for emphasis.
- something of negligible value;
damn: not to give a good goddamn.
- damned (def. 2).
- to curse (someone or something) as being contemptible or worthless;
- to use the word "goddamn'';
Doordoor (dôr, dōr),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable, usually solid, barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, cupboard, cabinet, or the like, commonly turning on hinges or sliding in grooves.
- a doorway: to go through the door.
- the building, house, etc., to which a door belongs: My friend lives two doors down the street.
- any means of approach, admittance, or access: the doors to learning.
- any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another: at heaven's door.
- lay at someone's door, to hold someone accountable for;
- leave the door open, to allow the possibility of accommodation or change;
be open to reconsideration: The boss rejected our idea but left the door open for discussing it again next year.
- lie at someone's door, to be the responsibility of;
be imputable to: One's mistakes often lie at one's own door.
- show someone the door, to request or order someone to leave;
dismiss: She resented his remark and showed him the door.
Songsong (sông, song),USA pronunciation n.
- a short metrical composition intended or adapted for singing, esp. one in rhymed stanzas;
- a musical piece adapted for singing or simulating a piece to be sung: Mendelssohn's "Songs without Words.''
- poetical composition;
- the art or act of singing;
- something that is sung.
- an elaborate vocal signal produced by an animal, as the distinctive sounds produced by certain birds, frogs, etc., in a courtship or territorial display.
- for a song, at a very low price;
as a bargain: We bought the rug for a song when the estate was auctioned off.
Gallerygal•ler•y (gal′ə rē, gal′rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ler•ies.
- a raised area, often having a stepped or sloping floor, in a theater, church, or other public building to accommodate spectators, exhibits, etc.
- the uppermost of such areas in a theater, usually containing the cheapest seats.
- the occupants of such an area in a theater.
- the general public, esp. when regarded as having popular or uncultivated tastes.
- any group of spectators or observers, as at a golf match, a Congressional session, etc.
- a room, series of rooms, or building devoted to the exhibition and often the sale of works of art.
- a long covered area, narrow and open at one or both sides, used esp. as a walk or corridor.
- [Chiefly South Atlantic States.]a long porch or portico;
- a long, relatively narrow room, esp. one for public use.
- a corridor, esp. one having architectural importance through its scale or decorative treatment.
- a raised, balconylike platform or passageway running along the exterior wall of a building inside or outside.
- a large room or building used for photography, target practice, or other special purposes: a shooting gallery.
- a collection of art for exhibition.
- [Theat.]a narrow, raised platform located beyond the acting area, used by stagehands or technicians to stand on when working.
- a projecting balcony or structure on the quarter or stern of a vessel.
- an ornamental railing or cresting surrounding the top of a table, stand, desk, etc.
- a level or drift.
- a small tunnel in a dam, mine, or rock, for various purposes, as inspection or drainage.
- a passageway made by an animal.
- [Fort. Obs.]an underground or covered passage to another part of a fortified position.
- play to the gallery, to attempt to appeal to the popular taste, as opposed to a more refined or esoteric taste: Movies, though still playing mainly to the gallery, have taken their place as a significant art form.
Howdy guys, this photo is about Close The Goddamn Door Song Gallery #1 I'd Chime In, \. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 550 x 791. It's file size is only 95 KB. If You ought to download It to Your computer, you should Click here. You also too see more pictures by clicking the following image or read more at this article: Close The Goddamn Door Song.
You are able to select furniture that the master suite will be installed while in by you but make everything that is sure is essential and can not produce the sense of congested init. Be sure you select that'll merge properly with the paint colors selected to the surfaces and roofs as you may organize the shades.
Screen maintenance applications exist at home improvement merchants in varieties that are wide, so the best that will be rewarded with the entire setting of the Close The Goddamn Door Song can be chosen by you.
This is actually the ingredient that finishes the effect within the bedroom. Curtain your window using a layer or different kind of window treatment software in this method that it cans start and close anytime, it will give all without reducing the aesthetic factor, and the privacy you will need to you.
In addition to furniture, tiny things such as keepsakes, arrangements, lights, and other knick knacks ought to be picked with care. They have to run nicely using the total design of the Close The Goddamn Door Song Gallery #1 I'd Chime In, \ and will not produce disarray.