Roman Blinds *Made To Measure & Fitting Service* In Littlehampton (exceptional Blinds Measuring And Fitting Service #1) Pictures Gallery
Romanro•man (rô män′),USA pronunciation n., pl. -mans (-män′).USA pronunciation [French.]
- a metrical narrative, esp. in medieval French literature.
- a novel.
Ro•man (rō′mən),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to the ancient or modern city of Rome, or to its inhabitants and their customs and culture: Roman restaurants.
- of or pertaining to the ancient kingdom, republic, and empire whose capital was the city of Rome.
- of a kind or character regarded as typical of the ancient Romans: Roman virtues.
- (usually l.c.) designating or pertaining to the upright style of printing types most commonly used in modern books, periodicals, etc., of which the main text of this dictionary is an example.
- of or pertaining to the Roman Catholic Church.
- noting, pertaining to, or resembling the architecture of ancient Rome, esp. the public and religious architecture, characterized by the employment of massive brick and concrete construction, with such features as the semicircular arch, the dome, and groin and barrel vaults, by the use in interiors of marble and molded stucco revetments, by the elaboration of the Greek orders as purely decorative motifs for the adornment of façades and interiors, and by an overall effect in which simplicity and grandeur of massing is often combined with much elaboration of detailing.
- written in or pertaining to Roman numerals.
- a native, inhabitant, or citizen of ancient or modern Rome.
- the dialect of Italian spoken in Rome.
- (usually l.c.) roman type or lettering.
- [Often Offensive.]a member of the Roman Catholic Church.
- [Rare.]the Latin language.
- a male given name.
Blindsblind (blīnd),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, v., n., adv.
- unable to see;
lacking the sense of sight;
sightless: a blind man.
- unwilling or unable to perceive or understand: They were blind to their children's faults. He was blind to all arguments.
- not characterized or determined by reason or control: blind tenacity; blind chance.
- not having or based on reason or intelligence;
absolute and unquestioning: She had blind faith in his fidelity.
- lacking all consciousness or awareness: a blind stupor.
- hard to see or understand: blind reasoning.
- hidden from immediate view, esp. from oncoming motorists: a blind corner.
- of concealed or undisclosed identity;
sponsored anonymously: a blind ad signed only with a box number.
- having no outlets;
closed at one end: a blind passage; a blind mountain pass.
- (of an archway, arcade, etc.) having no windows, passageways, or the like.
- dense enough to form a screen: a blind hedge of privet.
- done without seeing;
by instruments alone: blind flying.
- made without some prior knowledge: a blind purchase; a blind lead in a card game.
- of or pertaining to an experimental design that prevents investigators or subjects from knowing the hypotheses or conditions being tested.
- of, pertaining to, or for blind persons.
- [Bookbinding.](of a design, title, or the like) impressed into the cover or spine of a book by a die without ink or foil.
- [Cookery.](of pastry shells) baked or fried without the filling.
- (of a rivet or other fastener) made so that the end inserted, though inaccessible, can be headed or spread.
- to make sightless permanently, temporarily, or momentarily, as by injuring, dazzling, bandaging the eyes, etc.: The explosion blinded him. We were blinded by the bright lights.
- to make obscure or dark: The room was blinded by heavy curtains.
- to deprive of discernment, reason, or judgment: a resentment that blinds his good sense.
- to outshine;
eclipse: a radiance that doth blind the sun.
- something that obstructs vision, as a blinker for a horse.
- a window covering having horizontal or vertical slats that can be drawn out of the way, often with the angle of the slats adjustable to admit varying amounts of light.
- See Venetian blind.
- [Chiefly Midland U.S. and Brit.]See window shade.
- a lightly built structure of brush or other growths, esp. one in which hunters conceal themselves.
- an activity, organization, or the like for concealing or masking action or purpose;
subterfuge: The store was just a blind for their gambling operation.
- a decoy.
- a bout of excessive drinking;
- [Poker.]a compulsory bet made without prior knowledge of one's hand.
- (used with a pl. v.) persons who lack the sense of sight (usually preceded by the): The blind are said to have an acute sense of hearing.
- into a stupor;
to the degree at which consciousness is lost: He drank himself blind.
- without the ability to see clearly;
blindly: They were driving blind through the snowstorm.
- without guidance or forethought: They were working blind and couldn't anticipate the effects of their actions.
- to an extreme or absolute degree;
completely: The confidence men cheated her blind.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Measuremeas•ure (mezh′ər),USA pronunciation n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
- a unit or standard of measurement: weights and measures.
- a system of measurement: liquid measure.
- an instrument, as a graduated rod or a container of standard capacity, for measuring.
- the extent, dimensions, quantity, etc., of something, ascertained esp. by comparison with a standard: to take the measure of a thing.
- the act or process of ascertaining the extent, dimensions, or quantity of something;
- a definite or known quantity measured out: to drink a measure of wine.
- any standard of comparison, estimation, or judgment.
- a quantity, degree, or proportion: in large measure.
- a moderate amount: to live with a measure of enjoyment.
- a limit, or an extent or degree not to be exceeded: to know no measure.
- reasonable bounds or limits: to know no measure.
- a legislative bill or enactment: The senate passed the new measure.
- Usually, measures. actions or procedures intended as a means to an end: to take measures to avert suspicion.
- a short rhythmical movement or arrangement, as in poetry or music.
- a particular kind of such arrangement.
- the music contained between two bar lines;
- a metrical unit.
- an air or melody.
- a slow, dignified dance.
- Print. the width, measured in ems or picas, to which a column or page of printed matter is set.
- measures, Geol. beds;
- Math. an abstraction of the property of length;
a set function assigning to each set of a collection of sets a value, usu. having the properties of sigma finiteness and fnite additivity, the functional value of the whole collection being greater than zero.
- beyond measure, too much to be reckoned;
extremely: The suffering that they endured was beyond measure.
- for good measure, as an extra: In addition to dessert, they served chocolates for good measure.
- have or take someone's measure, to judge or assess someone's character, capabilities, etc.;
size up: During their conversation she was taking his measure as a prospective employee.
- in a or some measure, to some extent or degree: His conclusion is justified in some measure.
- to ascertain the extent, dimensions, quantity, capacity, etc., of, esp. by comparison with a standard: to measure boundaries.
- to mark off or deal out by way of measurement (often fol. by off or out ): to measure out two cups of flour.
- to estimate the relative amount, value, etc., of, by comparison with some standard: to measure the importance of an issue.
- to judge or appraise by comparison with something or someone else: to measure Corneille against Racine.
- to serve as the measure of: Her sacrifices measure the degree of her love.
- to adjust or proportion: to measure a portion to one's liking.
- to bring into comparison or competition: to measure one's strength with another's.
- to travel over;
traverse: to measure a room with great strides.
- to take measurements.
- to admit of measurement.
- to be of a specified measure.
- measure one's length, to fall or be knocked down;
fall flat: He missed a step in the dark and measured his length at the bottom.
- measure swords:
- to test one's preparedness for a contest or encounter.
- to battle with swords.
- to fight, compete, etc.: The producer of the poorly reviewed show decided to measure swords with the critics.
- measure up,
- to reach a certain standard: The exhibition didn't measure up to last year's.
- to be capable or qualified: As an administrator, he couldn't quite measure up.
Fittingfit•ting (fit′ing),USA pronunciation adj.
- suitable or appropriate;
proper or becoming.
- the act of a person or thing that fits.
- an act or instance of trying on clothes that are being made or altered to determine proper fit.
- anything provided as equipment, parts, supply, etc.
- Usually, fittings. furniture, fixtures, etc., as of a building or apartment.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Hello folks, this image is about Roman Blinds *Made To Measure & Fitting Service* In Littlehampton (exceptional Blinds Measuring And Fitting Service #1). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 636 x 566. This blog post's file size is only 60 KB. Wether You ought to download This picture to Your PC, you might Click here. You might also see more pictures by clicking the following photo or read more at here: Blinds Measuring And Fitting Service.
Roman Blinds *Made To Measure & Fitting Service* In Littlehampton (exceptional Blinds Measuring And Fitting Service #1) is among the most widely used materials and therefore are often-used for the flooring and the Marble is also a volcanic stone created by heat and strain and so are obtainable in numerous hues like black colors, light dull and white and other colors, Today due to the toughness and resilience, rock granite ceramic sort normally useful for kitchen floors, walls and flooring components and also building a living room.
Ofcourse you realize lots of these kind of granite and contains become a new craze in the world of property not to mention you are perplexed in picking a style, in creating a home, you must think about the correct coloring for your walls of one's home. Although it is not rare to also have a simple shade including white colour to paint the surfaces of your home, color grey house generally chosen while the starting colour is predominant.