BibleBi•ble (bī′bəl),USA pronunciation n.
- the collection of sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments.
- Also called Hebrew Scriptures. the collection of sacred writings of the Jewish religion: known to Christians as the Old Testament.
- (often l.c.) the sacred writings of any religion.
- (l.c.) any book, reference work, periodical, etc., accepted as authoritative, informative, or reliable: He regarded that particular bird book as the birdwatchers' bible.
- See versed sine.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Healingheal•ing (hē′ling),USA pronunciation adj.
- curing or curative;
prescribed or helping to heal.
- growing sound;
- the act or process of regaining health: a new drug to accelerate healing.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Comfortcom•fort (kum′fərt),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to soothe, console, or reassure;
bring cheer to: They tried to comfort her after her loss.
- to make physically comfortable.
- [Obs.]to aid;
support or encourage.
- relief in affliction;
solace: Her presence was a comfort to him.
- a feeling of relief or consolation: Her forgiveness afforded him great comfort.
- a person or thing that gives consolation: She was a great comfort to him.
- a cause or matter of relief or satisfaction: The patient's recovery was a comfort to the doctor.
- a state of ease and satisfaction of bodily wants, with freedom from pain and anxiety: He is a man who enjoys his comfort.
- something that promotes such a state: His wealth allows him to enjoy a high degree of comfort.
- [Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.]a comforter or quilt.
- [Obs.]strengthening aid;
Connectcon•nect (kə nekt′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to join, link, or fasten together;
unite or bind: to connect the two cities by a bridge; Communication satellites connect the local stations into a network.
- to establish communication between;
put in communication: Operator, will you please connect me with Mr. Jones?
- to have as an accompanying or associated feature: pleasures connected with music.
- to cause to be associated, as in a personal or business relationship: to connect oneself with a group of like-minded persons; Our bank is connected with major foreign banks.
- to associate mentally or emotionally: She connects all telegrams with bad news.
- to link to an electrical or communications system;
hook up: to connect a telephone.
- to become connected;
join or unite: These two parts connect at the sides.
- (of trains, buses, etc.) to run so as to make connections (often fol. by with): This bus connects with a northbound bus.
- to have or establish successful communication;
make contact: I connected with two new clients today.
- to relate to or be in harmony with another person, one's work, etc.: We knew each other well but never connected.
- (of an addict or drug dealer) to make direct contact for the illegal sale or purchase of narcotics.
- to hit successfully or solidly: The batter connected for a home run. The boxer connected with a right.
con•nect′i•ble, con•nect′a•ble, adj.
- of or pertaining to a connection or connections: connect charges for a new cable television channel.
con•nect′i•bil′i•ty, con•nect′a•bil′i•ty, n.
Hi peoples, this picture is about Bible Verses Of Healing And Comfort #2 Connect U.S. Fund. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1042 x 469. It's file size is just 62 KB. If You decided to save It to Your computer, you have to Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the image below or see more at here: Bible Verses Of Healing And Comfort.
Devote their free moment after arrested by active times, consuming milk coffee with friends or household work together at home is actually a condition along with a great atmosphere. Moments recover electricity to combat with the strain of the job, warmth and regain your energy having a large amount of recollections of togetherness.
A Bible Verses Of Healing And Comfort #2 Connect U.S. Fund can echo of designing the household area the private taste. You may favor different contemporary coffee table to your home, if you're an individual who includes a contemporary home design. Modern coffee table demonstrating particular flavor.
Modern coffee-table influences the decor is luxurious and elegant in features of the home. It is much better to learn the different variations and types of modern coffee-table on the web, if you'd like to put today's coffee table within the family room.