Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Childchild (chīld),USA pronunciation n., pl. chil•dren.
- a person between birth and full growth;
a boy or girl: books for children.
- a son or daughter: All my children are married.
- a baby or infant.
- a human fetus.
- a childish person: He's such a child about money.
- a descendant: a child of an ancient breed.
- any person or thing regarded as the product or result of particular agencies, influences, etc.: Abstract art is a child of the 20th century.
- a person regarded as conditioned or marked by a given circumstance, situation, etc.: a child of poverty; a child of famine.
- a female infant.
- with child, pregnant: She's with child.
Proofproof (pro̅o̅f ),USA pronunciation n.
- evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
- anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
- the act of testing or making trial of anything;
trial: to put a thing to the proof.
- the establishment of the truth of anything;
- (in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.
- the effect of evidence in convincing the mind.
- an arithmetical operation serving to check the correctness of a calculation.
- a sequence of steps, statements, or demonstrations that leads to a valid conclusion.
- a test to determine the quality, durability, etc., of materials used in manufacture.
- the arbitrary standard strength, as of an alcoholic liquor.
- strength with reference to this standard: "100 proof '' signifies a proof spirit, usually 50% alcohol.
- a trial print from a negative.
- a trial impression, as of composed type, taken to correct errors and make alterations.
- one of a number of early and superior impressions taken before the printing of the ordinary issue: to pull a proof.
- (in printmaking) an impression taken from a plate or the like to show the quality or condition of work during the process of execution;
a print pulled for examination while working on a plate, block, stone, etc.
- [Numis.]one of a limited number of coins of a new issue struck from polished dies on a blank having a polished or matte surface.
- the state of having been tested and approved.
- proved strength, as of armor.
- the trial of a case by a judge alone, without a jury.
- able to withstand;
successful in not being overcome: proof against temptation.
- impenetrable, impervious, or invulnerable: proof against outside temperature changes.
- used for testing or proving;
serving as proof.
- of standard strength, as an alcoholic liquor.
- of tested or proven strength or quality: proof armor.
- noting pieces of pure gold and silver that the U.S. assay and mint offices use as standards.
- to test;
examine for flaws, errors, etc.;
check against a standard or standards.
- prove (def. 7).
- to proofread.
- to treat or coat for the purpose of rendering resistant to deterioration, damage, etc. (often used in combination): to proof a house against termites; to shrink-proof a shirt.
- to test the effectiveness of (yeast), as by combining with warm water so that a bubbling action occurs.
- to cause (esp. bread dough) to rise due to the addition of baker's yeast or other leavening.
Latcheslatch (lach),USA pronunciation n.
- a device for holding a door, gate, or the like, closed, consisting basically of a bar falling or sliding into a catch, groove, hole, etc.
- to close or fasten with a latch.
- to close tightly so that the latch is secured: The door won't latch.
- latch on:
- to grab or hold on, as to an object or idea, esp. tightly or tenaciously.
- to include or add in;
attach: If we latch the tax on, the bill will come to over $100.
- latch onto, [Informal.]
- to take possession of;
- to acquire understanding of;
- to attach oneself to;
join in with: The stray dog latched onto the children and wouldn't go home.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Cupboardscup•board (kub′ərd),USA pronunciation n.
- a closet with shelves for dishes, cups, etc.
- [Chiefly Brit.]any small closet or cabinet, as for clothes, food, or the like.
Comparecom•pare (kəm pâr′),USA pronunciation v., -pared, -par•ing, n.
- to examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities and differences: to compare two pieces of cloth; to compare the governments of two nations.
- to consider or describe as similar;
liken: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
- to form or display the degrees of comparison of (an adjective or adverb).
- to be worthy of comparison;
be held equal: Dekker's plays cannot compare with Shakespeare's.
- to appear in a similar standing: His recital certainly compares with the one he gave last year.
- to differ in quality or accomplishment as specified: Their development compares poorly with that of neighbor nations.
- to vie;
- to make a comparison: The only way we can say which product is better is to compare.
- compare notes. See note (def. 25).
- comparison: Her beauty is beyond compare.
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Babyba•by (bā′bē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -bies, adj., v., -bied, -by•ing.
- an infant or very young child.
- a newborn or very young animal.
- the youngest member of a family, group, etc.
- an immature or childish person.
- a human fetus.
- [Sometimes Disparaging and Offensive.]a girl or woman, esp. an attractive one.
- a person of whom one is deeply fond;
- (sometimes cap.) an affectionate or familiar address (sometimes offensive when used to strangers, casual acquaintances, subordinates, etc., esp. by a male to a female).
- a man or boy;
fellow: He's a tough baby to have to deal with.
- an invention, creation, project, or the like that requires one's special attention or expertise or of which one is especially proud.
- an object;
thing: Is that car there your baby?
- of or suitable for a baby: baby clothes.
- of or like a baby;
infantile: baby skin.
comparatively little: a baby car.
- treating babies: a baby doctor.
- to treat like a young child;
- to handle or use with special care;
Onlineline1 (līn),USA pronunciation n., v., lined, lin•ing.
- a mark or stroke long in proportion to its breadth, made with a pen, pencil, tool, etc., on a surface: a line down the middle of the page.
- a continuous extent of length, straight or curved, without breadth or thickness;
the trace of a moving point.
- something arranged along a line, esp. a straight line;
a row or series: a line of trees.
- a number of persons standing one behind the other and waiting their turns at or for something;
- something resembling a traced line, as a band of color, a seam, or a furrow: lines of stratification in rock.
- a furrow or wrinkle on the face, neck, etc.: lines around the eyes.
- an indication of demarcation;
limit: the county line; a fine line between right and wrong.
- a row of written or printed letters, words, etc.: a page of 30 lines.
- a verse of poetry: A line in iambic pentameter contains five feet.
- Usually, lines. the words of an actor's part in a drama, musical comedy, etc.: to rehearse one's lines.
- a short written message: Drop me a line when you're on vacation.
- a system of public conveyances, as buses or trains, plying regularly over a fixed route: the northbound line at State Street.
- a transportation or conveyance company: a steamship line.
- a course of direction;
route: the line of march down Main Street.
- a course of action, procedure, thought, policy, etc.: That newspaper follows the communist line.
- a piece of pertinent or useful information (usually fol. by on): I've got a line on a good used car.
- a series of generations of persons, animals, or plants descended from a common ancestor: a line of kings.
- a department of activity;
occupation or business: What line are you in?
- a mode of conversation, esp. one that is glib or exaggerated in order to impress or influence another person: He really handed her a line about his rich relatives.
- a straight line drawn from an observed object to the fovea of the eye.
- the outer form or proportions of a ship, building, etc.: a ship of fine lines.
- a general form, as of an event or something that is made, which may be the basis of comparison, imitation, etc.: two books written along the same lines.
- a person's lot or portion: to endure the hard lines of poverty.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a certificate of marriage.
- a circle of the terrestrial or celestial sphere: the equinoctial line.
- banner (def. 7).
- a mark made by a pencil, brush, or the like, that defines the contour of a shape, forms hatching, etc.
- the edge of a shape.
- [Television.]one scanning line.
- a telephone connection: Please hold the line.
- a wire circuit connecting two or more pieces of electric apparatus, esp. the wire or wires connecting points or stations in a telegraph or telephone system, or the system itself.
- the line, the equator.
- a stock of commercial goods of the same general class but having a range of styles, sizes, prices, or quality: the company's line of shoes.
- an assembly line.
- a limit defining one estate from another;
the outline or boundary of a piece of real estate.
- [Bridge.]a line on a score sheet that separates points scored toward game(below the line) from points scored by setting a contract, having honors, etc.(above the line).
- [Music.]any of the straight, horizontal, parallel strokes of the staff, or one placed above or below the staff.
- a defensive position or front.
- a series of fortifications: the Maginot line.
- Usually, lines. a distribution of troops, sentries, etc., for the defense of a position or for an attack: behind the enemy's lines.
- the body of personnel constituting the combatant forces of an army, as distinguished from the supply services and staff corps.
- an arrangement of troops of an army or of ships of a fleet as drawn up for battle: line of battle.
- a body or formation of troops or ships drawn up abreast (distinguished from column).
- the class of officers serving with combatant units or warships.
- the regular forces of an army or navy.
- that part of an administrative organization consisting of persons actively engaged on a given project. Cf. staff1 (def. 4).
- a thread, string, cord, rope, or the like.
- a clothesline: the wash hanging on the line.
- a cord, wire, or the like, used for measuring or as a guide.
- a pipe or hose: a steam line.
- a rope or cable used at sea.
- a small quantity of cocaine arranged in the form of a slender thread or line, as for sniffing.
- Also, ligne. a unit, &fracnumer;
inch (0.635 millimeter), for measuring the diameter of buttons.
- [Angling.]a length of nylon, silk, linen, cord, or the like, to which are attached the leader, hook, sinker, float, etc.
- either of the two front rows of opposing players lined up opposite each other on the line of scrimmage: a four-man line.
- See line of scrimmage.
- the betting odds established by bookmakers for events not covered by pari-mutuel betting, esp. sporting events, as football or basketball.
- [Ice Hockey.]the two wings and center who make up a team's offensive unit.
- [Fencing.]any of the four divisions of the portion of a fencer's body on which a touch can be scored, taken as an area of attack or defense.
- the longer and preferred flax or hemp fibers. Cf. tow2 (def. 2).
- [Fox Hunting.]the trail of scent left by a fox.
- a unit of length equivalent to &fracnumer;
inch (2.12 millimeters).
- a class or type of insurance: casualty line.
- the amount of insurance written for a particular risk.
- [Australian Slang.]a girl or woman.
- bring, come, or get into line:
- to become or cause to become straight, as in a row: The members of the marching band got into line.
- to conform or cause to conform or agree: They were persuaded to come into line with the party's policy.
- down the line:
- in all ways;
fully: It's a fine house right down the line—well-built, roomy, attractive.
- in the future.
- draw the line, to impose a restriction;
limit: They might exaggerate but would draw the line at outright lying.
- go up in one's lines, [U.S.]Theat. to forget one's part during a performance. Also,[Brit.,] go up on one's lines.
- hold the line, to maintain the status quo, esp. in order to forestall unfavorable developments: We're trying to hold the line on prices.
- in line:
- in alignment;
- in conformity or agreement.
- in control (of one's conduct): to keep one's temper in line.
- waiting one behind the other in a queue: There were eight people in line at the teller's window.
- in line with, in agreement or conformity with: The action taken was in line with her decision.
- in the line of duty, in the execution of the duties belonging to some occupation, esp. with regard to the responsibility for life and death: a policeman wounded in the line of duty.Also, in line of duty.
- lay it on the line:
- to give money;
- to give the required information;
speak directly or frankly: I'm going to stop being polite and lay it on the line.
- off line:
- occurring or functioning away from an assembly line, work process, etc.
- not in operation;
- on a line, [Baseball.](of a batted or thrown ball) through the air in an approximately straight line from the point of impact or delivery: hit on a line between third and short; thrown in on a line from the center fielder.
- on line:
- on or part of an assembly line: Production will be improved when the new welding equipment is on line.
- in or into operation: The manufacturing facilities will be on line before November.
- [Computers.]actively linked to a computer: The printer is not yet on line.
- [Chiefly New York City.]See line 1 (def. 60e).
- on the line:
- being risked or put in jeopardy;
in a vulnerable position: Our prestige and honor are on the line.
readily: paid cash on the line.
- out of line:
- not in a straight line.
- in disagreement with what is accepted or practiced.
presumptuous: That last remark was out of line.
- read between the lines, to understand the unexpressed but implied meaning of something said or written: Her letter sounded cheerful enough, but I read a certain sadness between the lines.
- toe the line or mark:
- to conform strictly to a rule, command, etc.
- to shoulder responsibilities;
do one's duty: He tried hard to toe the line on the new job.
- to take a position in a line;
range (often fol. by up): to line up before the start of a parade.
- to hit a line drive.
- to line out.
lin′a•ble, line′a•ble, adj.
- to bring into a line, or into line with others (often fol. by up): to line up troops.
- to mark with a line or lines: to line paper for writing.
- to sketch verbally or in writing;
outline (often fol. by out): We followed the plan he had lined out.
- to arrange a line along: to line a coast with colonies.
- to form a line along: Rocks lined the drive.
- to apply liner to (the eyes).
- to delineate with or as if with lines;
draw: to line the silhouette of a person's head.
- [Archaic.]to measure or test with a line.
- line out:
- [Baseball.]to be put out by hitting a line drive caught on the fly by a player of the opposing team.
- to execute or perform: He lined out a few songs upon request.
- line up, to secure;
make available: to line up support; to line up a speaker for the banquet.
Lowlow1 (lō),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., -er, -est, n.
- situated, placed, or occurring not far above the ground, floor, or base: a low shelf.
- of small extent upward;
not high or tall: A low wall surrounds the property.
- not far above the horizon, as a planet: The moon was low in the sky.
- lying or being below the general level: low ground.
- designating or pertaining to regions near sea level, esp. near the sea: low countries.
- bending or passing far downward;
deep: a low bow.
- (of a garment) low-necked;
décolleté: The dress she wore was fashionably low.
- rising but slightly from a surface: a low relief on a frieze.
- of less than average or normal height or depth, as a liquid or stream: The river is low this time of year.
- near the first of a series: a low number.
- ranked near the beginning or bottom on some scale of measurement: a low income bracket.
- indicating the bottom or the point farthest down: the low point in his creative life.
- lacking in strength, energy, or vigor;
weak: to feel low and listless.
- providing little nourishment or strength, as a diet.
- of small number, amount, degree, force, intensity, etc.: low visibility; a generator with a low output.
- indicated or represented by a low number: A low latitude is one relatively near the equator.
- soft: subdued;
not loud: a low murmur.
- produced by relatively slow vibrations, as sounds;
grave in pitch.
- assigning or attributing little worth, value, excellence, or the like: a low estimate of a new book.
- containing a relatively small amount: a diet low in starches.
- nearing depletion;
not adequately supplied: low on funds; Our stock of towels is low.
- depressed or dejected: low spirits.
- far down in the scale of rank or estimation;
humble: of low birth.
- of inferior quality or character: a low grade of fabric; a low type of intellect.
- lacking in dignity or elevation, as of thought or expression.
- mean, base, or disreputable: low tricks; low companions.
- coarse or vulgar: entertainment of a low sort.
- [Boxing.]struck or delivered below a contestant's belt.
- having a relatively simple structure;
not complex in organization.
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively large opening above the tongue, as the vowels of hat, hut, hot, ought, etc. Cf. high (def. 23).
- of, pertaining to, or operating at the gear transmission ratio at which the drive shaft moves at the lowest speed with relation to the speed of the engine crankshaft, used esp. for temporarily overcoming the weight or inertia of the vehicle;
first: low gear.
- [Baseball.](of a pitched ball) passing the plate at a level below that of the batter's knees: a low curve.
- [Cards.]having less value than other cards: a low card.
- having a relatively small amount of a specified constituent (usually used in combination): low-carbon steel.
- [Chiefly Brit.]holding to Low Church principles and practices.
- in or to a low position, point, degree, etc.: The raiders crouched low in the bushes.
- near the ground, floor, or base;
not aloft: The plane flew low.
- in or to a humble or abject state: Some live low while others live high. She swore she would bring him low.
- in or to a condition of depletion, prostration, or death: The gas in the tank is running low.
- at comparatively small cost;
cheaply: to buy something low and sell it high.
- at or to a low pitch, volume, intensity, etc.: to turn the radio low; lights turned down low.
- in a low tone;
to speak low.
- [Archaic.]far down in time;
- lay low:
- to overpower or kill;
defeat: to lay one's attackers low.
- to knock down;
- [Informal.]to lie low.
- lie low:
- to conceal oneself: He had to lie low for a while.
- to do nothing until the right opportunity develops;
bide one's time: Until the dispute is settled, you would do best to lie low.
- something that is low, as ground or prices: numerous marshy lows in the forest; the recent low in the stock market.
- low gear;
- an atmospheric low-pressure system;
cyclone. Cf. high (def. 41).
- the lowest trump card.
- a card of small value, or of lower value than other cards.
- the lowest score in a game.
- a player having such a score.
- a point of deepest decline, vulgarity, etc.: a new low in tastelessness.
- a period of intense depression or discomfort, when the effects of a drug have subsided.
Hello peoples, this attachment is about Good Child Proof Latches For Cupboards #2 Compare S On Baby Latch Online Ping Low. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 688 x 688. This picture's file size is just 47 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your PC, you may Click here. You could also see more images by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Child Proof Latches For Cupboards.
Child Proof Latches For Cupboards Collection aren't for all, but you really like modern bedrooms, when you have an appreciation of the fine wrinkles in artwork and architecture. Today, you probably do not learn how to develop an ideal modern bedroom arrangement and you may think it is a thing that the developer personalities are responsible for, nevertheless you may also feel your home for it, having a small buying carefully.
Rather, the bed room packages are contemporary along with the furniture is clean and crisp in-design and it is frequently a signature slice that may often work with others or survive on its own. You need to start yourself, with the sleep, as this is the center of your bedroom public display.
Most of the time, you must think about today's room collection like producing your bedroom like a museum. The modern bedroom collection allows a modern art museum to be created by you in your bedroom. the feeling of the public is available in the fact they lack the more opulent design decorations, although remember, following function within the form of contemporary furniture, the items are certainly able to do their job.